Thank you for booking an appointment with Union Hearing Aid Centre!
We look forward to welcoming you back!
There are a number of regulations for us to follow in order to follow Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health guidelines. In order to accommodate the physical distancing measures and minimize patient crossover, the clinic will be operating under a very different schedule for the next few months.
What will we be doing differently?
- The majority of our clinician’s days and appointment times have changed so that we limit the number of clinicians and patients are in the clinic at one time.
- We are scheduling 15 minutes in-between appointments to allow for proper cleaning following an in-person visit.
- Our clinicians are required to wear at minimum a medical grade mask and/or face shield / eye protection to treat patients in close contact. We realize we are in close contact with many of our patients during an appointment so we may also be wearing gowns / lab coats and gloves to provide and extra layer of protection for both you the client and the staff.
- Reception staff will be wearing a medical grade mask.
- We have installed a plexi-glass barrier at the front desk.
- Staff are required to follow hand washing and universal masking protocols set by Public Health Ontario.
- Patient contact areas are cleaned after every appointment
- Frequent cleaning of other contact areas (waiting areas, door handles, reception desk)
- The flow through the clinic will be one-way, which means you will enter as per usual, from the front door. Following your appointment your clinician can guide you to a hand washing station
and the exit.
- Staff is screened daily for any symptoms of Covid 19 including temperature checks.
Your responsibilities as a client are as follows:
- You will be required to answer our pre-appointment COVID screening questionnaire (this is mandatory from the Ministry of Health) Change to Public Health Ontario.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness, treatment must be postponed, and we will not be able to treat you on that given day and we will recommend you contact your family physician or the regional COVID assessment center for further guidance.
- Forms: all services including pens and clipboards have been sanitized before and after each use.
- Arrival time: please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of your appointment, in order to reduce patient crossover and time in the waiting room. Please do not be late for your
scheduled appointment, as it will be very difficult to accommodate given the time budgeted for physical distancing as well as sanitization time that must be completed before and after each
- Caregivers/family/friends: We are encouraging everyone to attend their appointments alone, when able, as this will reduce the number of individuals in the clinic at once, help reduce possible exposures for all, and help maintain physical and social distancing regulations. You will be permitted to have only one family member join you if needed. Anyone who is attending with you, are encouraged to wait in the car, or outside the clinic when able.
- Payment: we accept all forms of credit cards. At this time, cheque and cash payments are discouraged.
- The cost of personal protective equipment has gone up exponentially. We have a limited supply of medical grade masks. We are encouraging clients to bring their own clean mask to their appointment to help conserve our supply so we can continue to provide inpatient care over the next few months. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one, but there is a cost of $2 per mask.
- Please wear your mask when you enter the clinic. There will be hand sanitizer and a sink available for you to use before entering the clinic. I encourage you to watch these very short videos on proper hand cleansing tips.
How to Hand Rub: https://youtu.be/sDUJ4CAYhpA
How to Hand Wash: https://youtu.be/o9hjmqes72I
With attending to careful precautions and maintaining proper physical spacing in the clinic we are confident we can provide a safe environment for you to receive your best hearing healthcare. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Your friends at Union Hearing Aid Centre Ltd.